Child Protection Policy
- The Baden-Powell Scouts’ Association is fully committed to safeguarding the well-being of its members, who should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of all, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the Association. It is our policy to safeguard the welfare of all children by protecting them from neglect, physical, sexual, and emotional harm.
- All registered adult members (over 18 years old) of the Baden-Powell Scouts’ Association shall be approved through a system of checks including a CRB disclosure (CRB to be updated 3 yearly). Leaders will be issued with a warrant, lay helpers a letter/certificate of appointment.
- Children and young people have the right to protection from all forms of violence - physical or mental. The B-PSA UK is committed to ensuring, as far as is reasonably practicable, the prevention of all forms of bullying among Members.
- It is the responsibility of all adults in Scouting to help develop a caring and supportive atmosphere, where bullying in any form is unacceptable. To this end, all Scouting activities should have rigorous anti-bullying strategies in place. Each Scout group has a set procedure to deal with Bullying. It is simply not tolerated at any level.
Contact For Parents
- Should you have any concerns regarding the welfare or protection of Scout members, you should contact the Scoutmaster of the Group or the Area Commissioner directly.
- Alternatively, you can use the addresses held on the B-PSA UK Contacts page.